1. Under the EndNote 20 tab in Word, go to the Style drop down menu.
If your referencing style is not on the list, go to Select Another Style. Select either APA 7th or Holmesglen, depending on your course.
2. Ensure your cursor is placed where you want to add the citation.
3. Click on the Insert Citation icon.
4. Use keywords to search for the citation you want to use. Click Insert.
5. Check your citations to ensure they are properly formatted.
1. Click a citation.
2. Go to Edit & Manage Citation(s) tab.
3. Go to Pages under Edit Citation.
4. Enter the page number.
Note: if entering a range of numbers, place a dash (-) between the numbers. e.g. 3-5.
Please Note: Only some styles are set to display page numbers.
For other styles, the suffix field can be used for adding page numbers to a citation.
1. Highlight the reference.
2. From the menu, click Edit & Manage Citation(s).
3. Click Edit Reference. This will take you to your EndNote 20 Library.
4. Click the content under a field to edit it. For example, if the referencing style requires you to italicize the book title, ensure that you do so.
5. Make sure Reference Type is correct. If an e-book is listed as a Book, make sure you change it to Electronic Book, to ensure it is properly referenced.
6. Once all changes are made, click Save.
7. Return to MS Word. From the menu, click Update Citations and Bibliography.
How to use EndNote 20 in seven minutes: Windows